The 4350water Blog highlights some of the issues relating to proposals for potable reuse in Toowoomba and South East Qld. 4350water blog looks at related political issues as well.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Toowoomba Regional Council - Cr Marks centre of CMC conflict of interest investigation ...

Excerpt from the Chronicle:

Marks sits tight on conflict claims

18 September 2008

Peter Marks is non-committal about claims the Crime and Misconduct Commission has been asked to investigate a conflict of interest.

And he is resisting calls to stand down as head of the council's Central Business District committee.

Cr Marks is passionate about the CBD and his committee has been applauded for moves to call tenders for the Toowoomba City Master Plan.

But now it's been realised Cr Marks owns a building in the CBD.

"I didn't give myself the job of chairmanship of the CBD Committee," he said.

The Chronicle asked Cr Marks if he would stand down.

"At this point of time, I haven't seen anything to say I should or shouldn't stand down.

"I'm waiting for confirmation if there is a concern and I'll make my decision based on the letter I get," he said.


See - Marks sits tight on conflict claims.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home