The 4350water Blog highlights some of the issues relating to proposals for potable reuse in Toowoomba and South East Qld. 4350water blog looks at related political issues as well.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Singapore recycled water: MP finds recycled water plan hard to swallow ...

Excerpt from ABC News:

MP finds recycled water plan hard to swallow

21 February 2007

A Gold Coast MP says he will not be drinking the recycled water the Premier's given all south-east Queensland parliamentarians.

John Paul Langbroek is one of 60 MPs who have been provided with information kits and samples of purified recycled water.

He says he will make the information and water available to constituents who request them, but he will not swallow the water or the Premier's plans for south-east Queensland's drinking supplies.

"When I got back to my office and saw these five bottles and thought to myself, oh well I will give those a whack, I suddenly thought to myself ... I don't think I want to drink those until I have absolutely no choice and I won't be trying it for the moment because I have no need to," he said.

See - Taste tests of Singapore recycled water are a waste of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Concerned Ratepayer said...

It will be interesting to see how Debnam does in the NSW state election next month.

He seems to be pinning his hopes on recycled water taste tests getting him elected.

That seems like such a long shot to make one wonder who he is listening to.

The swing voters he needs to get into power are not going to change their mind on NSW Labor just by sipping some water.

9:54 PM, February 22, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home