The 4350water Blog highlights some of the issues relating to proposals for potable reuse in Toowoomba and South East Qld. 4350water blog looks at related political issues as well.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Council hunts for old loos to connect to Cooby dam ...

From ABC News:

Council recognises historic loo's heritage

2 March 2006

Toowoomba City Council, in southern Queensland, will today recognise the state's oldest known existing public urinal as a significant heritage site.

The men's toilet in Russell Street was built in 1919 near the railway line.

The chair of the council's heritage portfolio, Sue Englart, says it is one of a kind.

"It has an amazing story, it was constructed in 1919 but, of course, it was for men only," she said.

"I often wonder what the women were supposed to do in those days and it was there because it was close to the creek to get rid of the waste and then in 1926 it was probably one of the first to be connected to the Toowoomba sewerage."

See - Council hunt for new water sources continues.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met a guy urinating on the street the other day and when I quizzed him as to why he was doing it his comment was "With all that talk about recycling it to drink it, I'm not letting them have any of mine"

1:09 AM, March 03, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why should I be giving my urine to the council only for them to sell it back to me?

I might agree to them charging a processing fee but I think they should be paying me for it in the first place.

Nothing is free!

5:09 PM, March 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home